Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rilla

I hate finishing books. And yet I love finishing books. It brings a bittersweet sort of satisfaction. Last night I finished "Rilla of Ingleside," the final novel of the Anne books. After reading the first three Anne books so many times that I can basically quote them in their entirety, I figured I may as well read the following four books. I love those books because they are just little glimpses of life at its simplest, and yet in the simpleness and normality of life there is found adventure, romance, pain, beauty, happiness and love. After reading any book by Lucy Maud Montgomery I always look at sunsets, not as an everyday occurrence, but as one of the many beautiful gifts of being alive. I imagine sailing into the sunset into land of yellow and pink daisies and the echos of all the laughter of the ages. As long as there are sunsets life will be worth living. I hope my life will be full of small but wonderful everyday adventures, romance, and of course plenty of sunsets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment